Filing a complaint with a secondary school complaints committee

If you have a complaint about your child’s secondary school, such as regarding a teacher or a school management decision, please contact the teacher or the school management first. If you are unable to resolve the matter together, you can make a complaint to the klachtenkommisse (complaints committee).

Last updated on 12 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Filing your complaint

Please file your complaint with the school's complaints committee. Please see the school guide for the procedure. You can ask a counsellor at the school for confidential assistance.

If your child’s school does not have its own complaints committee, you can use a regional or national complaints committee (in Dutch).

Complaint processing

First, the complaints committee will investigate the complaint. Next, it will issue an opinion to the school management. The school management may take measures based on this opinion.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Secondary Education Act 2020, Article 3.35

Have you found what you were looking for?