Request a replacement document for lost Dutch diploma or transcript

If you have lost your diploma, certificate or transcript that was issued by a tertiary education institute in the Netherlands, you may be able to request or download a replacement document, such as a Verklaring Afgelegd Examen – VAE (certified statement of results) or replacement diploma. These documents have the same value as your original diploma, certificate or transcript.

Last updated on 12 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Request or download a replacement document

On the Dienst Uitvoerings Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) website you will find the diplomahulp form (in Dutch). Complete this form to find out which replacement documents you can request or download.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

WVO Implementation Decree 2020, Articles 3.51 and 4.33

Have you found what you were looking for?