The elderly and people with disabilities want to live independently for as long as possible. As their health problems increase, they might need alterations to their home. They may also need care and support to be provided at home. Depending on their personal situation, they can apply for this care from their municipality or through their district nurse. Anyone who needs 24-hour care or supervision may under certain conditions qualify for constant home care.