Question and answer - Nursing homes and residential care
10 questions and answers on Nursing homes and residential care
- How can I apply for a WLZ care needs assessment?
- What care can I get under the Long-term care act (WLZ)?
- I have a WLZ care needs assessment for residential care. Can I be cared for at home instead?
- I have a WLZ care needs assessment. Do I have to pay towards the costs of my care?
- Am I covered by the Long-term care act (WLZ)?
- Where can I live if I need care?
- How can I get a place in a care home or nursing home nearby?
- How soon must a room in a care or nursing home be vacated after the resident’s death?
- How is a place in a care or nursing home financed?
- What transitional arrangements apply to people receiving long-term care under the AWBZ?